Sweet and salty combined makes these Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls the perfect treat!
When my hubby was out of town I decided to pull out the peanut butter and make some treats! He does not enjoy peanut butter so I really don’t bake or make treats with it too often. When I made these I thought I would mix it up a bit and add some pretzels! I loved the added crunch to these! I was worried that after I refrigerated them the pretzel would soften up a bit, but after 3 days in the refrigerator the pretzel was still crunchy! If you would like a step by step instruction on how to make this, click on over to my original peanut butter balls post! I give visuals, which sometimes helps me a lot when baking or cooking! ENJOY!
Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls
sweet and salty combined to make the perfect candy treat!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 lb milk chocolate chips, or semi sweet
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- Prepare two cookie sheets lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Sift powdered sugar in separate bowl to make 2 cups.
- Measure out 1 cup of cream peanut butter into another separate bowl.
- Add butter and mix with peanut butter.
- Add powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture. Add pretzels.
- Stir all together and mix well.
- Mix well till it is like dough. It will be soft and creamy feeling but hold well together. Rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough rest melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler.
- Melt till smooth.
- Roll dough into balls. Drop balls into the chocolate. Using forks or spoons coat each ball with the chocolate.
- Place on a prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has firmed up
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week!.
If dough is dry add a tablespoon of peanut butter.
This recipe may be linked to these sites!
These look delicious! I love chocolate and peanut butter mixed with pretzels….yum!
Your hubby doesn’t love peanut butter?!! That might be an issue for me if my husband didn’t love peanut butter! These look great!
Nope doesn’t like it! More for me!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life
What is with our husband’s not liking the peanut butter goodness? I guess that means more for you and me right? 🙂
It’s not widely used in Italy so just never got the taste for it! Definitely means more for us!! Yay!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
These peanut butter balls look unbelievable!! I’m in love!! Delish!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen
Sweet and salty and creamy and crunchy AND dipped in chocolate?! these babies have it all!!
They do indeed! Thanks Elizabeth!
Gloria @ Simply Gloria
So funny what we do when the hubby is away! Makes me laugh… because, I always get excited to make the foods for dinner that he doesn’t like. But, I’m all over these pb action. And, my hubs would definitely eat a whole lot of them, too! Pinning and planning on making soon… wish I had one right now!
My husband doesn’t like pb in desserts but I am working on converting him 🙂 These sound wonderful! I love dipping pretzels in pb and chocolate!
Are the pretzels used only as garnish? None in the ball right?
The pretzels actually go in the with the peanut butter, I went back and clarified it! Thanks so much!
Sweet and salty is the best! Love these! Pinned 🙂
I don’t trust people who don’t like peanut butter. 🙂
Seriously, these truffles are fantastic! You can always give me your leftovers.
Lol! Thanks Mir!!