With simple ingredients these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies bake up soft and chewy! Ready in just about 10 minutes, they will disappear fast!
Today I am back with Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies! I whipped these up in just a few minutes and baked them for about 10! Perfect for when you have a cookie snack attack!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
My mom used to make chocolate chip cookies all of the time growing up.
She would use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip package! While that is a very delicious cookie to make I wanted something slightly different!
I’ve been working on my cookie recipe for some time and decided this was exactly how my family loved them!
I reduced the sugar just a little, added half the butter but made sure to keep the same about of chocolate chips because let’s face it, can’t have too much chocolate! 😉
For the ingredients:
- Melted butter. I know it’s a little different but just go with is! No need to have softened butter on the counter top again!
- One egg, and it differently needs to be room temperature. The trick here is to put your egg in a bowl of warm water while you get your ingredients and oven prepped. By the time you are ready to use your egg, it’s room temperature!
- To use cinnamon or not. My oldest daughter has an aversion to cinnamon so she prefers it without, but you could definitely go either way. The cinnamon does make your cookies come out a little more golden then the ones without!
How to mix:
For the longest time I would use my stand up mixer, which is totally acceptable but you can make these cookies by hand!
One bowl, whisk and spoon and you are good to go!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 stick butter, softened or melted (8 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl add butter and sugars. Whisk till incorporated.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cinnamon until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
More cookie recipes from around the web!
- Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies! A large, chewy chocolate chip cookie for one made completely from scratch with no eggs.
- Magic Cookie Bars! With coconut, chocolate, and nuts in every bite, you’ve got a winning combination that feels right.
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies! These banana cookies are vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and nut free.
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies! Freezer friendly!
- Best Fudgy Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies! Made in one bowl with cocoa powder, lots of chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts!