This easy Ramen Salad is a delicious side dish full of toasted almonds, sunflower seeds and topped with a tasty vinegar dressing!
I think salads are the best kind of side dish around! It’s perfect for when you want to throw something quick together! My kids will go back for seconds with any salad we put in front of them!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
With this ramen salad, it is one of those family favorites that we have each time we do family reunions and egg rolls are involved!
But way before our family started adding this salad to the menu my Aunt had made this for my parents and I one time when we were passing by her house for lunch. I could not get enough! It was so good and so tasty! Loved it!
How to make ramen salad?
It’s super simple all you need is:
- ramen (any flavor) my family’s recipe said oriental but I used whatever I had around the house.
- coleslaw – you can definitely buy the package but you can also use fresh cabbage and fresh carrots. I’ve done both before.
- oil and apple cider vinegar – I reduced the amounts a bit based on our taste.
- the original recipe calls for sugar but I was not about to put sugar in my salad, so I left it out.
- green onions – give nice color to the salad as well as flavor
- almonds and sunflower seeds – you want to toast the almonds. I also went with toasted my sunflower seeds. I think you can buy them already roasted but my were not roasted so I had to do it.
- Toast the almonds and sunflower seeds, separately for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together oil, vinegar and ramen seasoning packet.
- Toss together coleslaw, ramen noodles, almonds, sunflower seeds and green onions.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Actually taste better if made the day before.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ramen seasoning package
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 package ramen noodles (oriental or chicken flavored), broken into small pieces
- 1 package coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl add vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar and ramen seasoning package. Mix well and set aside.
- Toast almonds for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Toast sunflower seeds for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- In large bowl add coleslaw, ramen noodles, almonds, sunflower seeds and green onions. Mix together.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix together.
- Serve and ENJOY!
MORE RECIPES WITH CABBAGE!
- Red Cabbage Coleslaw with apple and carrots! A crunchy & refreshing red cabbage coleslaw mixed with carrot, apple, jalapeno, cilantro & green onion then tossed in a tangy & slightly sweet apple cider vinegar dressing.
- Spicy Cole Slaw! I’m always happy to add a little bit of spice to my food!
- Fried Cabbage! Made with just 5 ingredients, it’s easy to make and packed with the most amazing flavor.
- Coleslaw with Italian Dressing! My kids would go crazy for this!
- Spicy Jalapeno Coleslaw! Jalapeno coleslaw kicks up a traditional picnic side dish with loads of extra flavor and a little heat.