This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ElevateYourMeal #CollectiveBias
This Creamy Broccoli and Ham Bucatini is perfect for a busy night! It’s quick easy and has everything you need to make satisfying meal!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Happy Monday guys! Today I’m popping in to give you this quick and easy meal!
Because we are an Italian American family we each pasta a lot! And I mean a lot! My hubby (who comes from Italy) would eat it every single day if I offered it to him!
He is used to Nonna (my mother-in law) cooking it for every meal so he kind of misses it but I like to mix things up a little!
When making pasta it has to be good! In quality and in flavor! Those go hand in hand for our dinner table!
That’s why we like using Barilla® Collezione which is a premium pasta and is made with with non-GMO ingredients!
If you haven’t tried bucatini you must! It is such a great pasta! It is similar to bigoli that you may find in Italy but it is so much better in my opinion!
TO MAKE THIS PASTA:
- Always start off with a good quality pasta. And right now if you Spend $15 on any Collezione products between 09/06/18 and 11/26/18 you will receive a $5 reward with this OFFER!
- Second the sauce has to be good! I added a creamy sauce because it is super simple to make homemade and I always have all of the ingredients for it!
- Third you can add any veggie you want but I love broccoli because I always have it stocked in my freezer!
If your on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make an recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
Creamy Broccoli and Ham Bucatini
- 1 12 ounce box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 8 ounce package frozen broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups deli ham, chopped
In a large pot add water and bring to a rolling boil.
Add bucatini and cook according to package.
In the meantime in a large skillet add butter and melt on medium heat.
Slowly add flour and mix.
Immediately add milk and continue to mix until smooth.
Simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
Add garlic and onion powder to sauce. Stir throughly.
In the meantime cook broccoli according to package. Allow to cool and chop.
When pasta is done, drain and return to pot.
Pour over pasta the white sauce, broccoli and ham. Stir throughly. Serve warm and ENJOY!