Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
This is such a delicious and easy dessert that you have got to try! Puff Pastry with chocolate ganache sandwiched inside! It’s rich and decadent!
I can’t think of a better dessert to make! You will need to make the ganache ahead of time but that just takes a few minutes and then you are ready to go!
I make lots of puff pastry desserts around here like lemon raspberry cream horns which are always a favorite of ours.
Puff pastry is a butter flavored pastry that you can find in the freezer section of the grocery store.
A little back story.
When my daughter was in 9th grade her Spanish class had an assignment where they could earn extra credit for bringing in an authentic dish to share with the class. We searched high and low for something truly authentic.
She immediately said she wanted to make Tres Leches Cake. I told her no, we should try to find something more authentic and less common. Something that neither of us had heard of before.
What is a migeultio?
Well we found Miguelitos de Chocolate or Miguelitos with Chocolate, which is a pastry made with puff pastry and chocolate sandwiched in between them topped with powdered sugar.
How are they served?
You can find miguelitos made several ways. One way is after they are baked they can be dipped in a honey syrup and cooled. Another way is to cut them in half and fill with a pastry cream. The last way was with chocolate! Obviously chocolate was our choice!
These are so simple to make, even your kids can do it! My teenager made them all by herself and they were a hit! ENJOY! Make sure you head on over to Food Fanatic to check out this Miguelitos with Chocolate Recipe!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven 400°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll puff pastry sheet out to 9 X 13 rectangle.
- With short end on top. Cut pastry into 48 small squares.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place whipping cream and chocolate chips in small pot and bring to a boil, stirring till smooth and glossy. Remove from heat. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When pastry is done allow to completely cool.
- Cut each pastry in half. Top each with a tablespoon of chocolate. Place tops back on the pastry.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*
Other recipes for a fun and festive dinner!
- You could start off with these Baja Fish Tacos!
- Serving this Cilantro Lime Rice on the side would be delicious!
- Drinking this cool Pineapple Margarita sounds refreshing!
- Don’t forget dessert! Finish with these traditional miguelitos with chocolate for a complete meal!