Add a little chocolate to this basic easy scone recipe to get these Mint Chocolate Chip Scones!
Thank you T-Sugars for sponsoring this post! All opinions are 100% my own! #BakingTheDifference
As you can tell scones are becoming my new thing! I enjoy them for breakfast but really love to eat them in the afternoon with my coffee or tea!
What I found out recently is that they do not have to be in that traditional triangle shape! Definitely made these a lot quicker to make!
It was a LONG time ago that I talked to you about getting a sugar mill from a friend while I was visiting my in-laws in Italy. I was completely smitten with this little contraption. The best thing about it was that I could refill it.
The only problem with this is that once I got home I couldn’t figure out how to open it!!
Well now I don’t have to worry because T-Sugars has introduced me to their sugar mill!
Totally love it already! And of course I needed to finish off the tops of these Mint Chocolate Chip Scones with an added touch of sugar!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup T-Sugars Cassonade Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons mint chocolate baking bits
- powdered sugar, T-Sugars Icing Sugar Mill
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In mixing bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder and cold butter. Mix till butter is crumbled and in tiny bits.
- In separate bowl whisk together sugar, eggs and milk.
- Slowly mix into flour mixture.
- Continue to mix until combined.
- Stir in mint chocolate baking bits.
- Take dough and turn out onto lightly floured counter top.
- Spread dough into a rectangle and cut into 8 equal parts.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar from T-Sugar Icing Sugar Mill.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Follow along with T-Sugars on: