Baked Apple Chips are easy, healthy and so delicious! Made two ways with different types of sugars.
So glad you are back for day 2 of Apple Week! If you didn’t check out the first day make sure you do! I think you will love these Caramel Apple Tarts!
I just need to say that I obsessed. Obsessed my friends with these baked apple chips! I have been making them for over a week now and just.can’t.get.enough!!!
So what got me into wanting to make these is that I saw Diethood make Microwave Apple Chips. Which is genius in itself. You have them done in about 6 minutes. I totally loved them and they help with when I want a quick fix. But I am a crunchy type of gal. So I went the baked route with these. I also did some research on how to do that by looking up the recipe from The Viet Vegan and Sally’s Baking Addiction.
As you see I did lots of research on how I wanted to make these. It is basically the same recipe but it changed based on my oven, technique and the types of sugars I decided to use on them.
There are lots of different steps that I believe will make these successfully crunchy every single time. They are listed in the notes! ENJOY!
Baked Apple Chips (2 Ways)
- 2 apples
- 3 teaspoons organic coconut sugar or 3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- Wash apples. Take off stem. Core the apple (optional, I did not do this)
- Cut off top and bottom of apple.
- Slice very thinly or use a mandolin.
- Lay slices onto cookie sheets without touching.
- Place in oven and cook for 1 hour.
- After one hour sprinkle each chip with sugar.
- Cook for 1 more hour.
- When done turn off oven.
- Pull out the cookie sheets and pop the chips off the parchment paper or silpat to make sure they are not sticking to pan.
- Put them back in the oven, close door and let them cool for 40 minutes.
A couple of notes:
1. Use either coconut or cinnamon sugar or skip that step. They are just as good without anything!
2. I make sure my chips are not sticking after two hours because after the cooling off period I could not get mine to come off the parchment paper.
3. Store these in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
4. You can place these back in the oven to make them crispy again if they get too soft at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.