As you have seen already, I do a lot of pancakes. I think I am declaring Wednesdays as Pancake Wednesdays. That seems to be the day I end up making pancakes for dinner.
Well this week I decided to change it up just a bit and I made crepes instead. The kids swear I have made them before but I just can’t remember, it must be my age catching up with me.
I set out on the Internet to find a good recipe. Well how can you go wrong with Julia Child? I love sitting down and watching her old cooking shows on our Hulu Plus.
I found her crepe recipe to be very easy to make. It is a bit time consuming when cooking them because you do one at a time but it is really worth the extra effort.
The black cherry yogurt I used is Chobani’s Black Cherry Greek Yogurt. I am a super nut about using Chobani. For a while I have been telling you how I am trying to go eggless in my baking. Well I am getting close and Chobani yogurts are helping me!
I can’t rave enough about them. They are so flavorful and they really kick up the moisture in my baked goods to a whole new level!
We really enjoyed these crepes, though next time I think I will double the recipe. We could of eaten twice as many as we did but what we did have was so delicious!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
BLACK CHERRY YOGURT CREPES
recipe from Julia Child’s All-Purpose Crepe
YIELDS: 4 servings (about 20 crepes)
PREP TIME: 35 minutes
COOK TIME: 30
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 5 minutes
FOR THE CREPE:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cold milk
2/3 cup cold water
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
FOR THE FILLING:
2- 6oz containers of Chobani Black Cherry Yogurt
1. Combine all crepe ingredients into a food processor and pulse together until you have mixed it well.
2. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Take your smallest frying pan, spray with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Take 2 tablespoons of the batter and pour into the center of your frying pan. Using handle pick up pan and swirl the mixture around till it has coated the bottom of the pan.
5. Cook for 1 minute, then flip and cook another 1 minute. Set aside your crepes on a plate as you cook them.
6. When all crepes are done. Lay one out on your plate. Spoon 1 tablespoon of yogurt down the center and roll up the crepe.
7. Add any toppings you like, serve and ENJOY!
as I cooked and my pan got hotter, the crepes cooked up faster, so in the end the process was moving along quicker then in the beginning when I was getting my bearings on how to make them.
Also here after I rolled my crepes, I sprinkles with powdered sugar, drizzles with chocolate and diced up some bananas. It was a great combination!
Check out these great blogs where this recipe is linked at!