I love how popcorn is so versatile. It seems you can basically do anything with it like even adding Nutella to it! The Nutella combined with the marshmallow makes it sticky and gooey but the taste makes it out of this world. Just to make it extra special I melted two more tablespoons of Nutella to pour over the popcorn to really get those flavors accentuated.
To make this it is pretty simple. Very simple. I followed the same recipe that I used for my Rainbow Nerds Rope Candy Popcorn. This is quick and easy as well. I took a little extra time just to make sure all of the oil had drained off the popcorn and that the melted Nutella had hardened just a bit before I plunged into this.
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- ½ cup uncooked popcorn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (that is what I used this time around)
- 10 marshmallows or 1½ cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup Nutella plus 2 tablespoons
- Pour oil into a pot and add popcorn kernels. This should be enough to just cover the bottom of your pot.
- Cover with lid and cook over medium heat.
- Popcorn is done when the popping sound slows and only happens every 4-5 seconds.
- Lay out cooked popcorn on a baking sheet covered with paper towel to cool and let any remaining oil drain.
- In a medium pot add marshmallows and butter. Heat over medium heat. Continue to stir till marshmallows are melted. Add ⅓ cup Nutella. Mix quickly.
- Place popcorn in large bowl. Pour marshmallows over and mix.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of nutella in microwave for 8 seconds and pour over popcorn. Stir to coat popcorn. Serve and ENJOY!!
Want to a few more favorites of popcorn to chose from? Here ya go!
This recipe is linked over at: