Did anyone else buy too many marshmallows and chocolates for Valentine’s baking? Come on raise your hands! Seriously, I can’t be the only one!
Ok well whatever, I did. Now I need it to be gone. Out of my cabinets or else I will just continue to eat, eat, eat away at them. I mean are they really supposed to last a year? I don’t think so.
So I was trying to think of some recipes to make with these two items.
If you follow me on Instagram you will see I sent a shout out asking for ideas. I didn’t get any responses back but it is ok because within 15 minutes I had posted another picture of what I made.
I really was surprised at about how quickly I could get these done. One of my besties was dropping by for a play date with our kids and I wanted to whip up some kind of snack and this all worked out perfectly.
What is the best thing about these treats? I did them in the microwave and the marshmallows were done in like a minute and a half! I mean how great is that!
So did I end up eating all of these? Nope! I had help! Which was good and even better for my waist line! ENJOY!
STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE RICE CRISPY TREATS
recipe adapted from the back of the Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bag.
YIELDS: 15 pieces
PREP TIME: 13 minutes
COOK TIME: 2 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
50 pieces of Jet Puffed Strawberry Mashmallows
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups rice crispy cereal
2 snack size Hershey bars (o.45 oz each)
1. Spray 8×11 dish and set aside.
2. In microwaveable bowl add marshmallows and butter. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute. At 1 minute stop, take out, stir and continue for 30 seconds.
3. Add cereal and stir till it is mixed well.
4. Place into prepared dish till flattened out and even. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
5. In microwaveable bowl melt Hershey bars for 30 seconds. Then stir.
6. Place chocolate into a ziplock sandwich baggie. Cut the tip of one end just enough to make a small hole.
7. Drizzle your treats. Wait 5 minutes for the chocolate to set. Cut and ENJOY!