Mint Chocolate Chip Affogato is a coffee drink that can be enjoyed all year round. Adding my own twist to this delicious Italian coffee with mint ice cream!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
You guys, this Mint Chocolate Chip Affogato is one of the most amazing coffee drinks I have ever had!
Honest! So you might be wondering what is an affogato?
WHAT IS AN AFFOGATO?
It is a typical Italian coffee drink you will find a lot of people drinking around the summer time in Italy.
The first time my hubby made it for my I thought he as crazy. Putting ice cream and coffee together was not something I had heard of. BUT, I am so glad he did it.
I have my suspicions on why this is popular in Italy.
You see most Italians still do not have air conditioning in their houses. It is becoming more popular now than it was 10 years ago but my in laws still do not have it. So it can become quite toasty and they need ways to try and cool themselves off while still enjoying their favorite beverage in the afternoon.
When we visit we really try not to complain too much about the lack of air conditioning but it can be hard especially when it is humid and hot. Lucky for us we have this coffee drink!
If you like this mint flavored affogato how about try this pumpkin spice affogato! It adds a fun fall flavor!
HOW TO MAKE AN AFFOGATO:
- All you have to do is mix 6 ounces of hot water with 1 teaspoon of Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals.
- Pour this over your favorite ice cream, which I chose this mint chocolate chip flavor!
- You could use any coffee you’d like. I love to use espresso as well but instant coffee works well too!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 6 ounces hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- whipped topping
- mini chocolate chips
- Mix together hot water and coffee.
- Place ice cream in 8 ounce cup.
- Pour coffee over ice cream.
- Top with whipped topping and mini chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!