Rich and creamy chocolate covered Candy Cane OREO Cookie Balls!
Are you having a holiday party this year? We just moved and our house is still somewhat in boxes so we have to pass on the festivities but that doesn’t stop me from making these OREO cookie balls! Normally I would bake something but these are definitely more festive!
I am thinking these Candy Cane OREO cookie balls would be a perfect treat for those parties.
I ended up using OREO’s own cookie ball recipe for these but how I made them my own was by making them with peppermint OREOs that I picked up from Walmart and I also added some color to them. Some are red and some are white to give you the colors of a candy cane. You can also sprinkle some crushed candy cane on the top of them to give an added crunch to them but that is optional!
Candy Cane Oreo Balls
- 1 pkg 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups) (I used the Peppermint OREOS)
- 4 pkg. 4 oz. each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces almond bark optional
- 2 ounces red candy melts optional
- Crushed Candy Cane optional
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- (optional) Using double boiler melt red candy wafers. Stir till smooth. Dip half the tops of the OREO balls into the red candy. In microwave melt almond bark for 1 minute. Stir till smooth. Dip the remaining tops of the OREO balls into the almond bark. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
For more OREO Cookie balls recipes, check out these!