Easy Pork and Sweet Potato Hash Skillet, cooks in just 30 minutes and will make for a perfect dinner on a busy night!
Happy Sunday everyone!
First and foremost I wanted to say, let us not forget the significance of this day. There were so many lives touched on 9/11 and it is a day I am sure most of us will sit back today and think of “where we were” on this day 15 years ago. And I know it has nothing to do with food but I just wanted to take a moment and acknowledge it here first…..
When I found out Sunday Supper was doing an easy skillet recipe theme for back to school, I knew pretty quickly what I wanted to make. I have started to see sweet potatoes show back up in our grocery stores and the weather is slowly making it’s way to feeling like fall again, so I thought why not go with some really good fall flavors!
I actually do not make one skillet meals very often, why that is I have no idea, but I love them when I do.
I actually put this nice dish to the test on ballet night last week. It was the first day going back to ballet so I made this pork and sweet potato hash before I walked out the door. I couldn’t believe how quickly it came together! I actually thought it would take the sweet potatoes a lot longer to cook then they did but I think it was because I cubed them up into small pieces. This actually helps them cook faster!
Don’t forget to check out Liz’s blog That Skinny Chick Can Bake, she is our event host this week! I had the please to meet Liz in Chicago last year in November. She is a fellow Hoosier and a very sweet lady! Make sure you scroll to the bottom to get LOTS of ideas for Easy Skillet Recipes for Back to School!
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon better than bouillon vegetable base
- ½ water
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ pounds cubed pork roast
- dried sage
- In skillet add onion, drizzle of olive oil and salt for taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat or until onions are translucent.
- Add pork and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stir often.
- Remove pork to plate.
- Add bouillon and water to skillet, whisking together.
- Add potatoes. Allow to cook on medium low for 10 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add pork back into skillet. Allow to cook 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with sage, serve and ENJOY!
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.