Busy night? Need something quick to make for lunch? Have no time to run to the store to get special ingredients? This Tomato Sauce Pasta will simplify your meal preparation and make dinner hassle free!
This pasta is a very quick and simple dish to put together, but it has great flavor.
I know when we think of pasta sauces, tuna does not come to our minds but it adds a new and unique twist to the dish. Tuna and onions complement each other well in this sauce.
To get the most out of this dish, using a tuna in extra virgin olive is worth the extra dollar spent then tuna under water.
1 lb of rotini pasta
1 small can of tuna packed in extra virgin olive oil
4 Roma tomatoes diced
1/2 onion diced
1 tablespoon butter
1. Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
2. Reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water.
3. In separate pan cook onions drizzled in olive oil till translucent.
4. Add basil and salt for taste.
5. Add tomatoes. Cook till tender.
6. Drain tuna.
7. When pasta is cooked and drained add to new bowl.
8. Add sauce, tuna, and butter.
9. If pasta is dry add some of the reserved water.
10. Sprinkle with cheese and Enjoy!