So remember when I said last week I had a bunch of valentine’s candy left? Well I made this using the rest of that candy. What was even better about making this recipe was that I got to make it with my new Kitchenaid mixer!
And let me tell, I am glad I did. These brownies are awesome. I mean just super awesome. They are so moist and full of strawberry flavor. Even after a few days they still remained moist.
So the key ingredient to this is yogurt. Yep, I did it. I used yogurt. I am trying to figure out how to get eggs out of my brownies. So I took a recipe that called for 3 eggs and made them with 1 egg and some yogurt. This will be the only way I make brownies from now on. Eventually I hope to get down to no eggs in them but that will have to wait for another day.
STRAWBERRY MARSHMALLOW BROWNIES
recipe adapted from here
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
8 ounces strawberry yogurt
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
50 strawberry flavored marshmallows
3 snack size Hershey bars (0.45 ounces each), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In mixer, combine butter and sugar till creamy.
3. Add egg and mix. Next add yogurt and mix well.
4. Add flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into mixture. Keep mixing at low speed until all is incorporated.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 27 minutes. Toothpick inserted will come out clean when done.
6. Pull out of oven. Place marshmallows on top, sprinkle with Hershey bars and return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Marshmallows will start to puff up and melt a bit.
8. Pull out of oven again. Cool completely before cutting and ENJOY!
When brownies were cooled I placed in freezer for about 5 minutes before cutting.
It will be sticky to cut and this help with that. Also even the next day when I cut it was much easier and not as sticky.
this post is linked over at InsideBrucrewLife