Okay so I am totally into butterscotch right now! It is like discovering a new food that you have never tasted before. I have been trying to rack my brain to try and remember if I have ever tasted butterscotch.
Surely I have. Somewhere. At some point.
This recipe consist of two different variations. I wanted to test to see which one made the better pancake.
All of the males in the house preferred the white pancake. All of the females in the house preferred the one with chocolate. Surprise, surprise.
So since there are more females in the house than males. The chocolate butterscotch pancake wins! OH YEAH!
Which one will reign supreme in your house?
recipe adapted from here
YIELDS: 12 PANCAKES
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
Add 1/4 cup cocoa to 1 cup of flour.
Do not add cinnamon.
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
2. Whisk together milk, water and oil in small bowl.
3. Add milk mixture to flour and mix well.
4. Stir in butterscotch chips.
5. Cook on griddle or in non stick pan till bubbles form and break.
6. Then flip and cook for 2 minutes more or until brown.
7. ENJOY with your favorite maple syrup!