Puff Pastry Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels are just as ready for a game day as you are! They transport perfectly for tailgates.
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
These Puff Pastry Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels are the best party food that will not disappoint!
You may remember these bacon cheddar pinwheels that I made last year? I thought those were the best until I made these.
I was ready to add a little spice to my game day grub. Although I was not looking for anything fried, so I went with the next best thing.
Adding these to BBQ jalapeño popper dip would be a great idea too!
I am going to be a little honest with you. I am not sure I have actually ever had a jalapeño popper. Shocking, right? Well, they have always looked good to me, but it’s not something I want to run out and buy.
What is a popper?
I did do a quick search on the internet to find out what actually goes into a jalapeño popper.
It seems this varies a lot depending on who is making it. That’s okay, I went with something simple.
Making these with only four ingredients is my kind of appetizer! Typically, I have most of the ingredients in my refrigerator at any given time, so it was super simple to make.
What goes in these Puff Pastry Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels?
Well, I just added some cream cheese, which seems to be staple ingredient. Also cheddar cheese.
Some recipes you will find sour cream and garlic, but I didn’t really feel like adding that into my recipe.
How can I make this spicier? When I cleaned my jalapeños, I took out all of the seeds.
If you want them to have more of a kick to them just chop them up without removing the seeds. This will help add a little more spice to the pinwheels.
Next time I think I will take my own advice because the first time around these were lacking in spice!
Check out these Puff Pastry Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels on Food Fanatic!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup jalapeño, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk egg and water in small bowl, set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll out to into 9x13 rectangle. Brush with egg wash. Set aside.
- In small bowl add cream cheese, jalapeño peppers and cheddar cheese. Mix together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over puff pastry.
- Starting from the longer side, roll up tightly into a log shape.
- Cut into 12 slices. Lay flat on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*
If you love adding a spin to your basic jalapeño popper try a few of these recipes! They won’t disappoint!!
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Shells
- Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad