A homemade crust filled with instant pudding makes this an easy to make Chocolate Pudding Pie.
Happy Sunday Folks! Today we are making pie!
I have been baking up a storm this week so I was kind of happy to have something as simple as this Chocolate Pudding Pie to make.
This is is a pie that made its appearance on our dessert table growing up usually at holidays. It was always my favorite because when I was a kid I didn’t like pumpkin pie. (Boy has that changed!)
I called my mom this week to get the recipe and didn’t realize it was literally pie crust, pudding and milk!
It always seemed like a more involved recipe.
My mom suggested using the cook and serve chocolate pudding but of course when I went to my local store to buy it they didn’t carry it. So I opted for instant and hoped for the best.
One note I will say is to definitely wait for the pudding to be set in your pie before you try to cut or you will have a hot mess! Trust me I might know. ENJOY!
Chocolate Pudding Pie #SundaySupper
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding, you can use cook and serve as well
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- Mix all together till ball forms.
- Roll in disc and cover in plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- When done roll out into 9 inch pie pan.
- Poke holes all through the crust so it does not puff up during baking.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Combine pudding and milk. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Cut, serve and ENJOY!
Sweet As Pie
- Apple Browned Butter Tart by The Chef Next Door
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Chicken Tamale Pie from Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
SO easy and tasty! My family would love your pie!!!
Thanks so much Liz!
Great easy and quick-to-cook pudding with incredible chocolate taste!
So easy! Thanks Tanya!
Love this easy and tasty pie!
My Granddaughter and I could do this together!! What a simply lovely pie!
Yes you could!
Chocolate anything is 100% win in my book!
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook
But waiting for the pie to set isn’t any fun! Love the simplicity of this recipe, and your piping accents.
Yum! This pie looks delicious and I love the ease of the ingredients!
Very easy pie to make!
Pass me a fork….I want to dive in!