This is the last of Funfetti for awhile. It was Fun! As I said yesterday it was great trying to think of new ways to incorporate the Funfetti Cake Mix into recipes. Well I am pretty excited about this last one! I was quite curious as to how this was going to work. I was pleasantly surprised that my idea went pretty smoothly. No natural disasters in the kitchen, so that is always pretty encouraging.
Making a cookie recipe is a great way to get the kids into the kitchen to help. My 4 yr old stood up on her chair and helped a little with this one. She actually did more licking of the beaters than anything else, but it was great making them with her. So if you have some time grab a cake mix and bake!
FUNFETTI SUGAR COOKIE
recipe adapted from here
YIELDS: 2 dozen
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 11 to 12 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 22 minutes
1 and 3/4 cup Funfetti cake mix
1/4 cup all purpose flour, plus extra for handling dough
6 tablespoons butter, slightly chilled
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookies sheets with parchment paper.
2. Prepare a small bowl with sprinkles.
3. In small bowl whisk together cake mix and 1/4 cup flour. Set aside.
4. In mixer beat butter and sugar till blended together.
5. Add one egg at a time and beat well each time. Then add vanilla.
6. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture.
7. Stir in sprinkles.
8. Dough will be sticky so you will need to sprinkle it and hands with flour.
9. Roll dough into balls. Then roll balls into sprinkles.
10. Place on cookies sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Cool and ENJOY!