The EASIEST side dish to make! This Instant Pot Basmati Rice will be one that you make over and over again!
Rice just so happens to be our favorite side dish and sometimes our main dish (can you say hello to this instant pot mushroom risotto!) It’s so versatile! This dish only takes 5 minutes under pressure! Totally hands off, you will want to make it again and again!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Pineapple Fried Rice is one of those dishes the family ask for time and time again! With the shrimp it really is a full meal for us!
And this teriyaki shrimp rice bowls with bok choy, has me craving rice over and over again!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BASMATI RICE!
These ingredients are pretty much what the package suggested. The first time I didn’t add butter, the second time I did. Either way results in a delicious side dish so definitely adaptable!
- basmati rice
- parsley (this is pretty much just for garnishing)
You will take all of your ingredients and place it in the instant pot! Then turn in on manual and set it for 5 minutes. I use almost boiling hot water in order for it to come to pressure quickly (about 8 minutes!) Then when it is done, quick release and stir. Your rice is ready to go!
Tips on making this come out to be the BEST rice!
- First make sure your water is really hot. The hotter the better because you will not have to wait too long for the instant pot to come up to pressure.
- For basmati rice you want to make sure your rice and water are not equal parts. This is basically the directions on the package and it seems good enough to me, so I went with it.
- For the butter, again this is by choice. The rice did taste really good with the addition of butter, so I will probably continue to add it.
- Parsley. I used parsley as a garnish and it gave it a nice flavor boost. It is definitely optional!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 3 1/3 cups hot water
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- Add water, rice, butter and salt to instant pot. Close lid. Make sure valve is set to seal position
- Hit manual button on Instant Pot and set for 5 minutes. (will take almost 8 minutes to come to pressure)
- When timer is done turn valve to quick release. (Watch out for hot steam)
- Open Instant Pot and stir.
- Place in serving bowl. Top with parsley.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
MORE RECIPES WITH BASMATI RICE!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice! With sweet and slightly tangy pineapple and dried apricots is ready to serve in about 30 minutes.
- Stovetop Coconut Rice! Made with 4 ingredients!
- Wild Rice Pilaf! Hearty wild rice is the star of this flavorful, homemade wild rice pilaf. Can be made with basmati rice!
- Curry Vegetable Basmati Rice! Vegetables and basmati rice are cooked with curry powder that will pair so well with any chicken, beef or fish dish.