These Strawberry Chocolate Butter Cookies are a fun twist to the classic Italian Butter Cookie! So delicious with strawberry jam and chocolate drizzle!
Remember when I made these Italian Butter Cookies over the holiday season and you guys went crazy for them?
Well I decided to change them up a little and added some strawberry and a drizzle of chocolate to them! They are a melt in your mouth type cookie, that bakes up in about 10 minutes and is so easy to make!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
When it comes to holiday food I don’t tend to go all out. My kids are so used to me making treats that by time a holiday hits they are over it.
Sometimes I will make very specific treats like these Red Velvet Cake Mix Waffles! They loved the heart shaped waffle for breakfast.
How to make these Strawberry Chocolate Butter Cookies:
The ingredients that you need are super simple!
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- strawberry jam
- chocolate chips
To pipe them:
I used a Wilton 1M rose tip! I am so in love with this tip, that I have three of them! They are easy to find in any store where they sale cake products.
Also invest in pastry bags. They are very durable versus using a sandwich baggie, which I do often!
This is the same tip I use for my cupcakes like these lemon cupcakes!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 10 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl blend butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder. Mix into butter mixture until incorporated.
- Put cookie dough into a pastry bag and pipe into cookie shapes.
- Press a small thumbprint in center of each cookie.
- Pipe in 1/8 tsp strawberry jam into each center.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a double boiler.
- Drizzle over cookies. Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Serve and ENJOY!
MORE STRAWBERRY COOKIES!
Because I love strawberry cookies so much I checked around the internet and found a few delicious ones for you!
- These Strawberry Sugar Cookies from Melanie Makes look incredible! They make about 3 dozen and are super easy! If you haven’t checked about Melanie’s blog, you should! She is a super sweet lady and I love following her on Instagram!
- Strawberry Cookies that are made with cake mix! Using cake mix really takes the guess work about of having to use a ton of ingredients! I love it!
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are just gorgeous! Again these use cake mix but have a nice balance with the chocolate chips!