This Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions is so quick and easy! With a touch of sweetness this meal is the perfect comfort food!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Because instant pot meals are my jam and I know how much you guys LOVE them, I’m adding a few new meals to the pile!
If you haven’t jumped on the instant pot wagon I really feel like you should.
Now I do admit there are some things that I really don’t understand why it’s being cooked in the instant pot, for example pasta, but there are some things that I think you will benefit greatly from by using any kind of pressure cooker.
How do you begin?
To help you with knowing the best way to make anything in your instant pot I think it’s important to say:
- Don’t worry about not knowing how. Just start.
- Practice makes perfect. Start off with something as simple as rice, maybe this instant pot mushroom risotto. then go from there.
- Find something you are really good at making and keep at it, like this instant pot pork tenderloin with potatoes and carrots! We kind of just threw everything and made it. No one was even sure how it would turn out but it was the best thing ever!
So, I resisted the pressure cooker for years because I didn’t understand it.
My husband actually brought a stove top pressure cooker from Italy and he swore by it.
However, it took until the electric one came out for me to jump on board. Even though I knew how to cook in it, it wasn’t the first thing I reach for when I was in the kitchen.
Finally, with my current instant pot I am cooking from it at least three times a week! Even if it is something as simple as this instant pot three bean chili that I can throw everything in and leave it or this recipe I am sharing with you today.
How to make Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions?
- STEP 1: place your tenderloin in the pot.
- STEP 2: add onions, potatoes, apples, brown sugar, butter and water.
- STEP 3: Close lid. Program for 20 minutes. Set to seal position. (will take almost 10 minutes to come to pressure). The time will vary depending on how many pounds your tenderloin is.
- STEP 4: When timer is done turn valve to quick release. (Watch out for hot steam!)
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1/8 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Add pork, salt, onions, potatoes, apples, brown sugar (optional), butter and water to pressure cooker.
- Close lid. Program for 20 minutes on manual. Make sure valve is set to seal.
- When done, quick release.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 14.8gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 1325mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 47g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
Some pork tenderloin recipes you might enjoy!
- Honey Soy Glazed Pork Tenderloin from She Wears Many Hats
- Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloin from Kevin Is Cooking
- Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Sauce from Self Proclaimed Foodie