Easy Instant Pot Corned Beef is perfect when you don’t want to wait around the oven for hours on end! It’s cooked to perfection every time!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
You guys! I promised you a gnocchi recipe with corned beef but first I wanted to give you a recipe to actually make the meat! This is super simple and completely hands off!
I love making instant pot recipes such as this instant pot pork tenderloin with potatoes & carrots!
You are going to want to make this time and time again!
Do you like corned beef?
Wait. Do you even like corned beef? I asked my sister this last week and she was like, NO!
I was actually kind of shocked because I can’t understand why? Is it the flavor? Maybe it’s too salty?
I would love to know your thoughts!
I’d though this would be fun to add to my St. Patrick’s Day recipes here on the site!
How to make it?
So how do you actually make this? Well I looked at other recipes online and people are cooking it for 75 minutes to up to 90 minutes in the pressure cooker. I said to myself this can’t be right. Surely it can cook faster than that.
Well, let me tell you. It can. First time I cooked it at 70 minutes and it was definitely falling apart as I was taking it out of my instant pot.
The second time I made it I cooked it at 65 minutes. It wasn’t falling apart but it did shred pretty easily, which is what I wanted.
Could you cook it at 60 minutes? Absolutely because it was already way above the recommended cooking temperature at 65 minutes.
If you want it falling to pieces then definitely cook it long, there is no harm in that!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 2 1/2 pounds corned beef
- 1/2 cup no salt chicken stock
- Prepare meat by trimming fat.
- Pour chicken stock into instant pot.
- Place corned beef into instant pot
- Hit manual on pot. Close lid. Program for 65 minutes. Make sure valve is set to seal position. (will take about 7 minutes to come to pressure).
- When timer is done turn valve to quick release. (Watch out for hot steam!)
- Slice or shred and serve with favorite side dish! ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 358 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 140mg Sodium: 1383mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 26g
OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- Can’t wait to try this Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef!
- Instant Pot Beef Burgundy takes a classic and cooks it much faster!
- Instant Pot Pot Roast, a must try!