This Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Shrimp is one of the easiest dishes to make! Total cook time 8 minutes which makes this a perfect weeknight meal!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I am not sure how many of you received an Instant Pot for Christmas or as a gift but I do know that these recipes are taking the internet by storm!
If you saw this instant pot pork tenderloin with potatoes and carrots you will see how fast as easy it is to get a meal on the table. But now with this shrimp it is even quicker than you can imagine!
I have made this recipe about 4 times now but it has taken me about three months before I actually wrote about it here on the blog.
I kept meaning to do it but holiday recipes kind of got in the way and I kept putting it aside.
No worries! It is here now!
To make the shrimp:
- Can you use frozen shrimp? Yes I use it all of the time. But you can also use thawed shrimp, too.
- Will any shrimp do? Yes! I have used shrimp with tails on and with tails off. The tails off are actually easier to use in this dish!
If you are looking for a few more instant pot recipes, check out this instant pot mushroom risotto! I cooks in just seven minutes and it is so delicious and versatile! You will LOVE IT!
I’d love to know any ideas you might have that you would like to see made in the instant pot!
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make an recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen shrimp
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp honey
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté. Pour in olive oil, then add onions.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in bell peppers. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add in shrimp, soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Stir.
- Hit cancel on Instant Pot and hit manual. Close lid. Program for 4 minutes. Make sure valve is set to seal position. (will take less than 10 minutes to come to pressure).
- When timer is done turn valve to quick release. (Watch out for hot steam!)
- Serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 1408mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 27g