This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
A popular French pastry these Apple Pie Crepes are elegant yet satisfying! They are filled with a warm apple compote and freshly made whipped cream!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Today is the last day of Apple Week and I’ve got upscale dessert for you! But don’t worry it’s so easy to make!
To tell you the truth, I made crepes several times before I finally went with these. I just couldn’t understand if I was making them correctly or not.
Apparently I was making them just right but putting way to much pressure on myself!
When you start messing with other culture’s recipes you always want to make sure you do it justice.
I think that is why there was the pressure!
I put my own twist on it by making them apple flavored! It was so delicious and so filling, so one goes a long way!
This recipe actually makes a large amount of crepes so you can definitely cut it in half if you don’t want to make so many.
Don’t forget to check out all of the recipes for Apple Week and click on over to my first post to check out the list of prizes to win for the giveaway!
Apple Pie Crepes
FOR THE CREPES:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
FOR THE APPLES:
- 1 large red apple cored and diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
FOR THE CREAM:
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
Preheat crepe pan on medium heat.
In a large bowl whisk together flour and eggs.
Slowly add in milk, whisking mixture well.
Whisk in sugar, butter and vanillas
Place 1/3 cup crepe mixture in crepe pan and swirl mix around pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Place on a plate and allow to cool.
For the apples, place butter and sugar in pan and bring to a boil. Add apples. and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In mixer add heavy cream and mix on high till soft peaks. Slowly add sugar and continue to mix until stiff peaks.
To compile crepes, spread on whipped cream. 2 tablespoons apple mixture. Fold in half. Fold in a half again.
Serve and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- Apple, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Bakewell Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Butter Cheesecake Tart by Soulfully Made
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Slaw by Simple and Savory
- Apple Cinnamon Baklava by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cinnamon Sprinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Cream Pie with Oatmeal Crust by Savory Moments
- Apple Crisp Pie by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Prosciutto Fontina Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Snack Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Doughnuts by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Braised Chicken with Apples by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Butterscotch Apple Oat Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Buttery Apple Streusel Thumbprint Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Caramel Apple Slice Cakelets by The Monday Box
- Caramel Apple Vodka Slushie by Everyday Eileen
- Caramel Drizzled Apple Pie Egg Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Chai-Spiced Baked Apple Oatmeal by The Redhead Baker
- Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole by Who Needs a Cape
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Gingered Apple Trifles by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Instant Pot Applesauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marlborough Apple Custard Pie by Karen’s Kitchn Stories
- Maple Apple Crisp by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Overnight Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal by Tip Garden
- Ricotta Tart with Apples and Prosciutto by Cooking With Carlee
- Shaved Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Apple Charlotte Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Love and Confections
- Vegan Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls by The Baking Fairy
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.