Use a favorite summer fruit, cherry, to make a easy frozen dessert! This Cherry Granita is an Italian favorite from my house to yours!
Guess, I have a new obsession. It is called cherries. Fresh, plump, round, juicy cherries. That is why on day one of #SummerDessertWeek I make Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake and today I am bringing you Cherry Granita!
While I was sent some berries from Rainer Fruit Company I will have to tell you I have bought 10 pounds of them in the last week. So you may see an abundance of cherry recipes coming at you! I’ve warned you!
Granita has been on my bucket list for some time because my hubby loves it! Also it reminds him of his childhood and I try to give him some that helps him remember home while he is so far away!
But I will tell you, I didn’t realize how EASY it was to make granita. Now I feel guilty about how long it actually took me to make it!
So go make some juice and some fresh granita, preferably this Cherry Granita and ENJOY!
- 20 Rainier Cherries pitted
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Blend cherries in processor until smooth. Pass through a strainer to remove any bits of cherry.
- Add water and honey together. Mix well.
- Stir water into cherries.
- Place in an 8X8 baking dish. Place in freezer.
- After 30 minutes. Using fork, scrape granita into flaky crystals. Replace back into freezer.
- Repeat 4 more times.
- Serve immediately. ENJOY!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Mini Blueberry Pie from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Pie from Daily Dish Recipes
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cookies & Cream Mini Bundt Cakes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Malted Milkshake Cake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Layered Strawberry Shortcake from Southern From Scratch
No Bake Treats:
- Frozen Fruit Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas from Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Caramel Heath Ricotta Cheesecake Bars from The Whimsy One
- Banana Pudding Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry French Toast Shortcakes from For the Love of Food
- Apple Dumplings from Jen Around the World
- Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blueberry Cobbler from Bowl Me Over
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.