A moist cake with the combined fall flavor of pumpkin and coffee! This Pumpkin Coffee Cake makes the perfect fall treat!
Happy Sunday folks! I am super excited about this week’s Sunday Supper theme. Can I tell you why?
Well it has to do with the fact that it includes my absolute favorite drink, COFFEE!
Yeah I am kind of an addict. I’ll admit it, I am one of these who gets cranky if I haven’t had a cup!
Now usually you will find coffee cakes that do not include coffee but I wanted to mix it up a little and actually add it to my cake mix.
This being my first coffee cake, I was pulling out all the stops! I wanted to incorporate my favorite fall flavor, which happens to be pumpkin.
This cake will not disappoint! It is a moist cake that keeps all of the flavors tucked right in. There is also a streusel type topping that is crumbly but not too crunchy, which is what I love.
Then I decided to top it with some powdered sugar, because you know it needed more sugar!
Enjoy this Pumpkin Coffee Cake!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake #SundaySupper
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 small eggs
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt I used Stonyfield
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 3 3/4 cups flour
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9" x 13" pan by spraying with non stick cooking spray.
Prepare the topping by whisking together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter, stirring till well combined. Set the topping aside.
Prepare the filling by whisking together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set it aside.
To make the cake: In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, baking powder, and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a separate bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, pumpkin and coffee, till smooth.
Add the flour to the cake mixture alternately with the yogurt mixture, beating gently to combine.
Spread half the batter into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle the filling evenly on the cake batter.
Spread the remaining batter on top of the filling. Use a table knife to gently swirl the filling into the batter.
Sprinkle the topping over the batter in the pan.
Bake the cake until it's a dark golden brown around the edges a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes for the 9" x 13" pan.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve and ENJOY!
Thanks to Wendy Hammond from Wholistic Woman for hosting this event! Check out all of the deliciousness below!
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Espresso-Glazed Coffee Cake by Tramplingrose
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Best Tiramisu Ever by Positively Stacey
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Espresso Cheesecake by The Chef Next Door
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Perk Me Up Chili by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Ultimate Coffee Rubbed Burger by Foodtastic Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.