Make your weekend complete with these Peanut Butter Chocolate Pancakes!
This post was originally posted on Princess Pinky Girl. You can find the post here!
Hey hey my peeps! I hope you are ready for the weekend! The kids have had Spring Break this week so everyday has been the weekend for us! I can’t wait to share with you what we have been up too.
Until then, how about these pancakes? Don’t they look amazing? I love everything about making pancakes. They are easy and simple and extra special when you add peanut butter and chocolate to them!
The first time I ate pancakes like this was when I was living in Italy and I had a friend introduce me to them. I seriously thought she had problems. When I was growing up pancakes consisted of the pancake and syrup. Maybe some chocolate chips. Other than that we were easy going.
My world changed when I tasted them. They were divine! When I finally introduced these to the kids, they absolutely loved them! Hope you do too! ENJOY!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter, melted
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add milk.
- Whisk in egg. Then whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir till incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cook on griddle or in non stick pan till bubbles form and break about 3 minutes.
- Then flip and cook for 2 minutes more or until brown.
- When pancakes are done place one tablespoon of peanut butter between each layer.
- Drizzle with chocolate and syrup (optional but a must in my book!) ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at: