5 ingredient Gluten Free Blueberry Yogurt Cake. A moist delicious cake filled with fresh blueberries.
I am honored to be a Stonyfield Clean Plate Club Member. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that allow me to share quality content and recipes with you!
You guys my best friend is coming to town and I am super excited! We have lived here in Fort Wayne for almost 8 months and she and her family are our first visitors. I am so over the moon, I can not wait!
In honor of her trip I decided to make cake. I know she is eating gluten free now and I wanted to make a dessert. Except I am not that well educated on making gluten free desserts.
Well no worries about that! I decided to go super simple and buy a gluten free box cake mix. But then I added my own personal touch. I added fresh blueberries and some Stonyfield Organic 100% Grassfed Blueberry Yogurt to make this cake super moist and full of flavor!
Now you might be wondering what is so special about this yogurt? Well let me tell you! It is so creamy and I just love finding the blueberry in the bottom of the container. They also have Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt. The honey is my absolute favorite!
With the 100% Grassfed Yogurt that means the cows that provide the milk for this yogurt come from Maple Hill Creamery. They eat no corn, no grain, just grass. Milk from cows who graze naturally on grass gives the yogurt a rich and unique flavor. And like all Stonyfield products, 100% Grassfed is organic, non-GMO and made without the use of artificial hormones.
- 15 ounce box gluten free yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 6 ounce Stonyfield Grassfed Blueberry Yogurt
- 6 ounce blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- For the drizzle:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- splash of milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a small pan add blueberries and water. Simmer on medium for 15 minutes or until blueberries are soft and the liquid is thick. Smash blueberries. Set aside to cool.
- In mixer add cake mix, eggs and yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour half of cake mixture into loaf pan, top with half blueberry mixture.
- Add remaining half of cake mixture. Top with the remaining blueberry mixture.
- Bake in oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- FOR DRIZZLE:
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk. Spread onto cake and ENJOY!