These Baked Pumpkin Brownie Donuts will make any morning satisfying!
Happy Monday folks! I hope you guys enjoyed your weekend?
Ours was great! Lots of spending family time together as always. We try to keep it low key on the weekends around our house but one thing that is a must is breakfast.
My little ones will hop onto my bed and ask for pancakes, waffles and now donuts! Especially since they know I can make them at home because I finally bought a donut pan! Woot!
You should definitely get one. I highly recommend it. This time I actually got the mini pan but I think I will need to add the regular size to my arsenal at some point.
Now that I have my pan I am super excited that I can bake donuts right at home and they are ready in like 15 minutes. No oil to mess with and such an easy clean up!
After I bought my pan I was trying to decide the first donuts I would make with them. I went for a brownie base. Just because I thought it would be fun.
So while I was at my local Kroger I picked up the new Pillsbury Purely Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix. I am loving this brownie mix because they have no colors, preservatives, or artificial flavors.
Well let me tell you the brownies are AMAZING! Making them into donuts is pretty fabulous as well!
Baked Pumpkin Brownie Donuts
- FOR THE DONUT:
- 15.50 ounce Pillsbury Purely Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- FOR THE ICING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combined brownie mix, oil, water, egg and pumpkin. Mix till all incorporated.
- Spoon or pipe into donut pan.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool.
- For the icing mix cream cheese and butter together till smooth.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup powdered sugar at a time till all incorporated.
- Mix in milk.
- Place in piping bag to pipe onto donut.
1.I used a ziplock bag to pipe my brownie batter into my donut pan. It just created less of a mess.
2.Also check your donuts. Because of the pumpkin they will be soft inside. If too soft allow to cook for a few extra minutes just to firm up.
3. I also us a ziplock bad to pipe on my cream cheese icing.