Sweet and salty combined makes these Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls the perfect treat!
When my hubby was out of town I decided to pull out the peanut butter and make some treats! He does not enjoy peanut butter so I really don’t bake or make treats with it too often. When I made these I thought I would mix it up a bit and add some pretzels! I loved the added crunch to these! I was worried that after I refrigerated them the pretzel would soften up a bit, but after 3 days in the refrigerator the pretzel was still crunchy! If you would like a step by step instruction on how to make this, click on over to my original peanut butter balls post! I give visuals, which sometimes helps me a lot when baking or cooking! ENJOY!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 lb milk chocolate chips, or semi sweet
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- Prepare two cookie sheets lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Sift powdered sugar in separate bowl to make 2 cups.
- Measure out 1 cup of cream peanut butter into another separate bowl.
- Add butter and mix with peanut butter.
- Add powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture. Add pretzels.
- Stir all together and mix well.
- Mix well till it is like dough. It will be soft and creamy feeling but hold well together. Rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough rest melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler.
- Melt till smooth.
- Roll dough into balls. Drop balls into the chocolate. Using forks or spoons coat each ball with the chocolate.
- Place on a prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has firmed up
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week!.
If dough is dry add a tablespoon of peanut butter.
This recipe may be linked to these sites!