A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to go to my friends house and join her cooking club for the day.
I was so excited to go because I had been secretly hoping I would get an invite. Although I knew at any time I could of just asked if I could come I did want to intrude.
Up until being there I really had no idea what they did together other than cook.
Well it was a nice surprise to see a couple of women with kids about the ages of mine. It was really good company for the day and we had some awesome food.
Everyone seems to be from a different country which was cool because when they alternate houses they try different foods. So there is a variety of foods they get to learn to make weekly.
This particular day my friend had asked if I wanted to make the dessert. I said YES, of course.
So I made and taught them to make my snickers cupcakes, which they were fantastic!
Then my friend made Geschnetzeltes, thats German for sliced meat. She is from Germany so I was so exited about getting the chance to learn to make a new dish from a different culture. And it was so good and tasty!
It is pretty easy to make too, I have actually made it twice since then.
Now I want to share with you a little of what was shared with me on that day. I look forward to joining them again soon!
Recipe from Ulla Hinchey
YIELDS: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs, cubed
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup half and half
1/3 white wine
1- 4 ounce canned mushrooms, drained
1. Prepare your meat by dicing it up into cubes. Salt and pepper it and coat it with flour.
2. In large pan add vegetable oil and turn on to medium heat.
3. Add meat to pan and brown for a few minutes turning a few times to get the outsides done.
4. Add your half and half, turning the heat down to a simmer. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add white wine continue to simmer.
6. Add your drained mushrooms to the pan and stir till incorporated throughout your pan.
7. Cook on simmer for about another 10 minutes till mushrooms are soft and meat is fully done.
8. Turn off heat and rest for about 2 minutes, serve and ENJOY!
this dish can be served over rice, pasta or however you like it!