One of my favorite desserts to make are galettes! These Mini Cherry Almond Galettes are perfect if want to serve individual desserts!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s not even being to talk about the fact that this is another cherry dessert. Let’s focus on the galette part! You know I have an obsession with those too. I recently shared with you Apple Blueberry Galette and made you a video for Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette!
It was natural for me to go with cherries, because you, the 10 pounds I had sitting around my house. Yep this was definitely putting them to good use!
One thing that was a game changer for me was the fact that I received a cherry pitter from OXO. If you do not have one, you MUST get it! It’s a lifesaver for sure!
The kids and I had an assembly line going getting all of those cherries pitted. It was SO fun! My 5 year old pulled off the stems and my 8 year old help wash them and pit them as well. I enjoy those moments in the kitchen with them and I hope you ENJOY this!
- 1 pound cherries, pitted and divided in half
- 2 tablespoons honey, extra for drizzle
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons honey, extra for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixer, using the flat blade, add flour and butter. Mix till it is crumbly. Slowly add in water and 2 tablespoons honey till combined.
- Roll in disc and cover in plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 mins.
- When crust is ready, cut into four sections. Roll out dough into an 9 inch circle or as thin as you can get it.. Place each on baking sheet.
- To make the filing:
- Mix cherries and honey together. Divide into equal parts on the crust.
- Top with almonds and drizzle with honey.
- Brush the crust with a touch of honey as well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
No Bake Treats:
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Bourbon Soaked Cherries from The Whimsy One
- Summer Fruit Dessert Pizza from Big Bear’s Wife
- Fruit Swirled Madeleines from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mini Cherry Almond Galettes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baby Blueberry Cobblers from The Domestic Kitchen
- Sweet Corn and Raspberry Layer Cake from Sweet ReciPeas
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Jen Around the World
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.