Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies made with greek yogurt and whole white wheat flour with a chocolate ganache filling that is perfect for holiday baking!
I am honored to be a Stonyfield Clean Plate Club Member. This post is in partnership with Stonyfield and King Arthur. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that allow me to share quality content and recipes with you!
Sorry I have been away guys! I’ve been sick! If you know anything about me, I do not get sick too often but this time around it really hit me. I had to take a nap.
I NEVER take naps. But it was good. I rested and finally yesterday I started to feel myself again. Apparently everyone else thought too! My coworkers and hubby were all glad to see that I finally had color in my face again. I guess I had been walking around looking like a zombie. I know if I looked like how I felt then that pretty much describes it!
Let me tell you something about these cookies. I made them three times. I did, but not because I necessarily wanted to make them three times it just happened. The cookies kept spreading on me, which was not a good thing.
If you know anything about thumbprint cookies, they are not supposed to spread. So I to rework the recipe until I got it right.
So glad that I did because these were the perfect way to start off my holiday baking!
I also had some help with that. King Arthur sent me some flour and Dreamfarm sent me some Levoons which is such a cool product and I was happy to try them out!
For the recipe I use organic whole white wheat flour and greek yogurt! I think it helped make these thumbprint cookies soft, moist and perfect!
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Stonyfield Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Organic Whole White Wheat Flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with Silpat.
- In mixer add butter, yogurt and sugar. Mix till creamy and smooth.
- Add egg. Continue to mix. Add vanilla.
- Slowly add in flour and baking powder.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Press thumb into center.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool.
- In small pot add chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and stir till smooth. Cool.
- Fill center of cookie with chocolate.
- Top with crushed candy cane and sprinkles.
Recipe adapted from http://www.thespiffycookie.com/2014/11/11/greek-yogurt-thumprint-cookies-4th-blogiversary-giveaway/
Recipe adapted from The Spiffy Cookie.