One of my all time favorite holiday recipes to make is a really good pumpkin roll. This year I decided to change things up a bit and do a Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll Recipe for you!
With the Holiday Season upon us, I wanted to share with you my favorite go-to holiday dessert but this year I swapped it by using Pacific Foods Pumpkin Puree packaged in Tetra Pak cartons into the pumpkin roll instead of using canned pumpkin.
This was my first experience using pumpkin in a carton. I use chicken stock all of the time and didn’t even know you could find pumpkin this way. Did you realize how many amazing food products for your holiday meals can be found in a carton? You can even get cranberry sauce too!
So why use Tetra Pak cartons? Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council) • Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg! • Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving. • The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be. • Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans • Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup Pacific Foods Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, mix the eggs, sour cream, sugar and pumpkin together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly add to mixing bowl on medium till all incorporated.
- Pour into prepared cookie sheet, spread out and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take a dish towel that is the size of the cake. Cover with ½ cup powdered sugar.
- When cake is done and cooled for about 2 minutes. Removing from pan lay cake onto the dish towel. Starting at one end, roll the cake into the dish towel.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for an hour.
- Prepare filling by mixing butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take roll out of refrigerator, unroll. Spread icing onto cake. Roll the cake back up without the dish towel and refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, melt 1 cup of mini chocolate chips over a double boiler. Spoon melted chocolate into a piping bag to pipe decorations. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. ENJOY!
So how can you be #CartonSmart this holiday season?
Be #CartonSmart and follow along with Carton Smart!