Because we are gone for Spring Break to the beach.
Because I want to give you, my reader, a better webpage to look at.
Because I want more flexibility with what is on my site.
Because I want cute social media icons.
was up till 1am trying to deal with customer service have spent DAYS dealing with customer service.
Because I when I leap, I leap big.
Because I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to webpages.
Because we are a family of 6 with one income.
Because I want to give you better quality.
Because I am passionate about what I am doing here.
Because this is important to me……
I am switching my domain over to a new web host. I have no idea what I am doing and am teaching myself along the way(read the becauses!) So I hope my website does not get lost in cyberspace somewhere (which I am scared to death all will be lost!) WHICH by the way it did for days!
You see I had next week already planned out for you. I was going to give you beach week, since we are going to be away at the beach. But I took a leap of faith and decided yesterday to make a switch. This is going to be so much more challenging then I realized but I know if it works it will be so much more.
Please bear with me, if you have problems accessing the site, email me immediately so I know! Or if you have valuable tips, let me hear them! firstname.lastname@example.org
So here is a teaser till I return to normalcy!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
STARFISH CREAM COOKIES
YIELDS: 3 to 4 dozen
PREP TIME: 1 hour
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 10 minutes
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 to 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Yellow sprinkles or yellow sugar(see not below)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Prepare cookie sheet using parchment paper.
2. In mixer beat shortening and sugar. Add in egg and mix.
3. In separate small bowl dissolve baking soda into sour cream.
4. Alternate adding flour and sour cream into mixing bowl.
5. Incorporate all for a nice soft dough. Put on counter top.
6. Roll the dough out using more flour if needed so it is not sticky.
7. Use star cookie cutter to cut cookies.
8. Place on cookie sheet. Decorate with sprinkles or sugar.
9. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edge of cookie is brown.
10. When cookies are done, cool for 10 minutes. ENJOY!
I made my own yellow sugar by adding 1/2 cup sugar in a jar. Then I added 3 drops of yellow food coloring and shook it up. Ta da, yellow sugar.
Also I made my eyes by melting white chocolate and dark chocolate. This was very time consuming, messing and a little trouble so if you can find the eyes buy them. Probably much easier! You can also make without the eyes!
Also on thedecoratedcookie is a really good instructional on how to shape the starfish using a regular star cookie cutter!
This recipe is linked over at: