It is not a new way of doing pancakes but for me it is so I thought I would try it. What is different about my pancakes is that I used Italian hot chocolate mix because that is normally the only type we keep in the house and we just absolutely love!
I have seen it though in specialty stores and Italian grocery stores as well. There are lots of places that sell Cameo products, such as World Market so you maybe able to find the mixture there as well. If not just substitute with your favorite hot chocolate mixture and you will be good to go! I followed my basic pancake recipe and just added a little more sugar, more milk and 2 packets of hot chocolate. I was really trying to maximize the flavor in these.
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
HOT CHOCOLATE PANCAKES
YIELDS: 18 pancakes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon oil
2- 1 oz packets of Ciobar Gusto Classico or your favorite hot chocolate powder mix.
1. In mixer combine flour, baking powder, sugar and hot chocolate.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs and oil.
3. Add milk mixture to flour and on low speed mix well.
4. Cook on griddle or in non stick pan till bubbles form and break.
5. Then flip and cook for 2 minutes more or until brown.
6. ENJOY with your favorite maple syrup!