We are a little crazy with pancakes around here. I am always trying to think of ways we can jazz them up a little. With St. Patrick’s Day being this month there is a lot of green going on around the internet and the food world. I immediately knew I wanted to do something to join in.
So when the kids had Friday off of school last week I decided it would be a good morning for us do to some pancakes. We definitely knew we wanted to try something new. Then the wheels started turning. My daughter and I had just been discussing last week ice cream flavors. I know her favorite is Mint Chocolate Chip.
So then the wheels started moving faster and I said what about Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes. The kids were instantly sold!
It worked out great for this morning to make them. I had all of the ingredients right in my cabinets (surprise, surprise) so I was able to pull them out and whip these up in no time at all. The kids had a great time watching as we cooked the pancakes. It was fun to see if we were really going to have a green pancake or not.
I was so happy with how these came out. They tasted great and the color was fun to look at. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to achieve the green minty pancake when I finished them up.
Hope you will find sometime to make your own Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes and add a little green into your day!
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
this recipe is adapted from my Butterscotch Pancakes
YIELDS: 15 pancakes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 cup chocolate chip
green food coloring
1. In mixer combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
2. Whisk together milk, water, eggs, oil and peppermint extract in small bowl.
3. Add milk mixture to flour and on low speed mix well.
4. Mix in green food coloring, adding drops till you have reached your desired shade of green.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
6. Cook on griddle or in non stick pan till bubbles form and break.
7. Then flip and cook for 2 minutes more or until brown.
7. ENJOY with your favorite maple syrup!